Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
Wrinkle Relaxing Injections
This is the most popular treatment by far in the UK for women and increasingly for men, using Botulinum toxin A, (Botox ®) to help relax deep and fine-line facial wrinkles. Many of us want to look good for our age and lines and wrinkles around the face develop with the passage of time, which can cause us to look more tired than we actually are or give us an “angry” appearance with deep frown lines between the brows and make us appear older.
The treatment known as Botox ® (botulinum toxin) has been formally approved for medical use to reduce the over activity of these facial muscles that result in the development of lines and wrinkles. This procedure can have remarkable effects in improving the appearance of the skin, increasing feelings of wellbeing and self-confidence.
"The final result is even better than I had hoped, both subtle and natural"
"I was slightly nervous before the procedure but Mihaela made me feel at ease and I couldn't be happier with the results"
"From the first appointment I was fully supported to make informed choices about my treatment. The team listened carefully to my needs and performed the procedure with great care and expertise"
- A naturally purified protein
- It relaxes wrinkle causing muscles
- It creates a smoothed rejuvenated appearance
- Purified and sterile
Muscle relaxants have been used for years to treat muscular problems including eyelid spasm and facial spasms. The ageing face has wrinkles and furrows which may develop as a result of weakened collagen in the skin from sun exposure and gravity, or due to excess facial muscle action on the skin.
A popular and well known cosmetic treatment which reversibly relaxes muscles to smooth wrinkles and prevent deeper lines forming.
Ideal areas for treatment are those wrinkles caused by the muscles of facial expression, such as the deep creases between eyebrows (frown lines), forehead lines and crows feet.
Good results can be obtained after a single injection and the effects last between 3-4 months. The procedure is simple to perform and most patients find the injections only cause a mild sting lasting seconds. The actual injection process takes about 15 minutes.
Repeat treatments are usually required approximately every 3-4 months over a 12 month period. Clinical trials report that some patients who have had treatment over 12 months only require further treatments once or twice the following year. It is important to remember that it takes from 5-14 days for the treatment to work.
If they do occur they are:
- Mild to moderate
- Slight bruising from the injection
- Side effects may be bruising or bleeding at the injection site, headache and rarely ptosis (eyelid drooping), diplopia (double vision) and brow droop.
- Botox cosmetic is a technique sensitive treatment and you should not lose the ability to show expression.
- Botox ® has an excellent safety profile
- The doses of botulinum toxin used in aesthetic applications are very small and the risks of adverse effects related to its mechanism of action are consequently low
- To date 2.5 million users of Botox ® cosmetic treatments were given across 5 key European countries (UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany) since the date of launch for each country.
- Botulinum toxin type A injections can be performed in a clinical setting with a high degree of safety and comfort.
- Botox ® should only be administered by trained health medical professionals with the appropriate qualifications and expertise.
- Botox ® should not be undertaken while pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is important to discuss the results you want from your treatment as well as any precautions and risks from the procedure.
Before deciding on any treatment we want you to be fully informed about all aspects of the facial cosmetic treatment you may be considering. A full medical and aesthetic consultation, together with before and after photographs, is carried out before administering anti wrinkle injections.
If you would like more information or to make an appointment for a consultation please call us on 01450 372187 or alternatively please complete our enquiry form online.
No treatment will be carried out at the consultation appointment
Typical cost for Botulinum Toxin Injection (Botox ®)
- Consultation £60 (FREE if you decide to go ahead with treatment)
- 1 area – £150
- 2 areas – £200
- 3 areas – £250
Must be age 18 or over
20% discount does NOT apply to plan members.